Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One is the Loneliest Number

It's that time again. That's right; it's Tuesday already. I stepped on the scale this morning expecting a two pound loss. Unfortunately, I missed it by a pound. This makes two weeks in a row that I only lost one pound. I'm bummed, but: 1) at least it is a loss; and 2) I know where I am going wrong.

Where did I go wrong? This past week, I used 38/49 points. Bingo! I have to stop doing this. Weight Watchers says that you can use your 49 Weekly Allowance Points and still lose weight. It's true, but these one pound losses are not enough for me any more.

Looking back on last week's goals:

  • I counted every point every day, whether I ate, tasted, or drank it
  • I exercised three times last week (bike riding, dancing, and a long walk)
  • However, I did not succeed at distributing my points evenly throughout the day. I'm still going far over my daily points at social events and not eating enough points on a day to day basis. I need to regain a balance again... which brings me to my goals for this week.

Goals for this week:
  • Aim to use as little of my weekly allowance points as possible
  • Exercise at least 3 times this week (at least one at the gym). This is going to be tough considering we are traveling to NJ this week for the home inspection.
  • Make only one "not so great" food choice per "splurge" occasion. Eating out is inevitable for me, but I want to aim to make better choices. 
  • Shoot for at least a two pound loss next week!
Happy eating everyone!

3 comments:

John said...

Goal #5, avoid the fellian's and their cookie bars.

Kim said...

Congrats on the loss. I don't use my weekly allowance unless I go over on my points for the day and I never use work out points either. Im stuck at 1.8 lbs a week. I think my issue is lack of exercise. Another thing to remember is to drink plenty of water through the day. Somebody told me if you don't drink enough water thats when you actually retain water weight the most. I though that was interesting but it seems to work for me. Try avoiding other liquids if possible. I drink water all day except dinner which I have a coke zero. If you get bored of water try fuze, fruit2o, or other types of flavored drinks that are close to or zero points. Sorry about the long comment. Hope it works out for you.

Dan B. said...

Goal #6, Let Dan eat her bar instead