Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Biggest Loser: Season 11

I'm not big on television, which could be because I have a lot more important things to do with my time like mountains of homework, applying for jobs, packing, or,  God forbid, working out. However, on Tuesday nights, after I get home from my evening class on judicial opinion drafting, I like to watch two hours of the Biggest Loser (Season 11) while I eat dinner, blog, and just relax.

This is the first season of the Biggest Loser that I have actually followed. I used to get frustrated with this show after reading articles about how the contestants purposely dehydrate themselves for weigh-ins to exaggerate their numbers. This show was also the first place I heard about excessive skin issues due to a large amount of weight loss. Now, I watch this show to hear the contestant's stories, watch them change their lives, and see how other people my weight look. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm so used to being the fattest girl in the room. I don't know what someone "my size" looks like, and this show gives me a better understanding. Granted, I have to consider height and  body type, but it's a good estimate. I also like to see if the contestants have hangy bat wings like me or tummies that resemble a sharpei after losing lots of weight.  

I'm bummed that the contestant I was routing for went home last week. His name was Moses. He was a Tongan man with a whole lot of weight to lose. He was on the show with his young daughter. I'm not sure who I'm routing for now, but the show still keeps my attention as I watch the contestants transform. Tune in to Season 11 of the Biggest Loser Tuesday nights on NBC.

4 comments:

Dan B. said...

I want the ginger to win. He's the man.

Kim said...

^ ha the ginger I though I was the only person who says that. I like this show too and shedding for the wedding, and too fat for 15. Shedding for the wedding is like the biggest loser but its challenges to win their wedding items and the end give the one who lost the most a free honeymoon. Idk sounds kinda dumb when I say it but it was interesting to watch. you should check it out. But Im hooked on too fat for 15. them kids are inspiring some of them lost well over 100 lbs in a year and they bust their ass. Its a great show and an eye opener for parents with over weight children.

safire said...

I actually haven't watched this season because it feels not "real" for me but the transformations are my favorite part at the end of the episode. Sadly, most of the contestants gain the weight back after leaving the ranch.

I just stumbled on your blog and wanted to congratulate you on your 75 lbs loss already! YAY!

Kacie B. said...

I agree! The weight each contestant loses each week is not realistic, but once you know that, I think you can get past it. I tease that I could lose five pounds a week if I were in the gym eight hours a day and going home to a personal chef like they do. Sadly, many contestants don't learn how to maintain the weight loss in the real world. The transformations are always my favorite, too!