Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bad Day = Pizza at Nonni's


Even though I've lost 75 pounds, I'm not immune from the notorious bad habit of stress eating. When I'm stressed, I want carbs-- not chocolate or ice cream-- a big bowl of pasta or a few slices of 'tomatoey' pizza. So, after receiving bad news about my promises of a job (and losing my student ID while my heart was breaking), Dan and I both could use a pick-me-up and a break from cooking (and therefore cleaning). 

We went to Nonni's Italian Eatery in Concord, NH, which has quickly become my favorite place for pizza in New Hampshire. It doesn't compare to Kate and Al's Pizza back home, but it's thinner (thus lower points) and still so good. We started with salad (there it's just lettuce), a side of broccoli (light on the oil), their bread (I only had a 3 skinny sticks... still more than I should have), and ... a stromboli. Hey! It was Dan's idea, and I couldn't say "no." We had wanted to try it since we've been going there. It was delicious, by the way. I ate half of it and kept heaping the sauce (resembling delightfully seasoned crushed, stewed tomatoes) on everything! When the mushroom and caramelized onion pizza came, I struggled to finish two of the thin crust slices (piled with extra sauce, of course). We polished the meal off by splitting a bowl of hazelnut gelato. Needless to say, we left waddling and feeling a little less stressed. 

This morning, I calculated my points from yesterday. Fortunately, I had only had a few points earlier in the day because I had been so busy. I was left with 21/29 points for that dinner. I still had to borrow seven of my weekly allowance points, but it was SO worth it. Dan was practically begging to take the leftover pizza for lunch today, thinking I would fight him for it. Here's where my eating habits have changed. I had the pizza I was so desperately craving, and I was satisfied. I don't need the leftovers (or a whopping 10 point lunch). I'm already moving on... homemade chicken fajitas for dinner! 

No comments: