Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Light Treat of the Week: Barber Seasoned Selects Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Barber Seasoned Selects Stuffed Chicken Breasts

When my baby sister was about four-years-old, she was practically addicted to pre-made chicken cordon bleu from our local discount grocery store. I don't think anyone ate the things but her. Since then, every time I see them, I think of her. Personally, I prefer chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese. Plus, it's lower in points. The chicken my little sister used to eat was 9 WW Points+ per chicken breast.

Dan and I used to eat the breaded, reduced fat version of Barber's chicken stuffed with broccoli for an easy meal. A few weeks ago, while on a grocery run, Dan picked up the broccoli and cheese variety of Barber Seasoned Selects Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Instead being breaded, the chicken breasts are covered with an herb coating. They were so tasty and only 5 WW Points+! The cheese if very creamy and the flavor of the chicken is great. Be warned, however, that the chicken breasts are small. I think the portion is realistic, and as an American, my eyes for food are used to over-sized portions. Knowing these are a bit small, I usually prepare them with a baked potato or brown rice and some steamed vegetables for an easy dinner. 

These non-breaded, stuffed chicken breasts come in cordon bleu and spinach florentine as well. You can find them in the frozen food section of your local grocery store. If you try other flavors, let me know what you think. I've only had the broccoli and cheese flavor.

No comments: