Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's for dinner?



Asian chicken lettuce wraps with peanut sauce 

Around New Years, I dined at the Cheesecake Factory with some friends. They encouraged me to try the Asian lettuce wraps. Ever since, I've been on a hunt for restaurants in the area serving something similar. The appetizer can be high in calories due to the dipping sauces, so I want to make my own attempt at this dish with a lighter peanut sauce. I found this recipe for peanut sauce on the Weight Watchers website. It's only 1 WW Point+ per serving.
  • 1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk  
  • 1/4 cup(s) peanut butter, creamy, without salt variety  
  • 2 tsp soy sauce   
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes  
  • 1/4 tsp ginger root, peeled and minced  
  • 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced (about 1⁄2 teaspoon)  

Instructions
  • Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisking until smooth.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 tablespoon).


I'm serving it with Asian grilled chicken strips, crunchy rice noodles, cucumbers, shredded carrot, Boston bibb lettuce, and a side of Lean Cuisine spring rolls (in case the lettuce wraps don't fill us up). I hope it comes out well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, that recipe looks great! I may have to make that one night :)