Asian chicken lettuce wraps with peanut sauce
Around New Years, I dined at the Cheesecake Factory with some friends. They encouraged me to try the Asian lettuce wraps. Ever since, I've been on a hunt for restaurants in the area serving something similar. The appetizer can be high in calories due to the dipping sauces, so I want to make my own attempt at this dish with a lighter peanut sauce. I found this recipe for peanut sauce on the Weight Watchers website. It's only 1 WW Point+ per serving.
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
- 1/4 cup(s) peanut butter, creamy, without salt variety
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced (about 1⁄2 teaspoon)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisking until smooth.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 tablespoon).
I'm serving it with Asian grilled chicken strips, crunchy rice noodles, cucumbers, shredded carrot, Boston bibb lettuce, and a side of Lean Cuisine spring rolls (in case the lettuce wraps don't fill us up). I hope it comes out well!