Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in!

I reached my short term weight goal today... for the third time. I know I've been in a rut lately, and I need change. I think I've been building muscle mass, which is balancing out my weight loss. I shouldn't be too disappointed; that is precisely what my personal trainer was aiming for. However, I'm not confident that new muscle mass is the cause. I need to have my BMI reevaluated soon.

Result: This week, I lost 1.6 lbs. While I'm proud that the scale went in the right direction and that I'm back in my lowest tens bracket, I'm a bit disappointed with the small loss. Periodically during the week, I step on the scale to check my progress. I keep in mind that that number will fluctuate each day. Earlier in the week, when I was counting my points and exercising daily, I was seeing great results on the scale. This weigh-in, I am disappointed because I feel as though my terrible eating over the weekend sabotaged my earlier efforts. I need to figure out the cause of my self-sabotage on the weekends and correct it. It has been an ongoing problem for me.

Goals: My goal for this week is to avoid dining out all week-- from today until next Tuesday. Not only will it help my weight loss, but it will also help my wallet. Now, I just need to get my husband on board. It's going to be tough this week since I'm working more than usual, but I won't give myself an excuse. This is a great opportunity to prove to myself that I can be busy and still prepare my own meals. Since I've reached my short-term goal weight again, I want to set a second short-term weight goal before hitting my ultimate goal (UG). For Short-Term Goal II-- I want to lose 100 lbs. I've got to get back into the mindset where that goal is what matters to me.


Short-term Goal I:   ACHIEVED
Short-term Goal II: 18 lbs. away
Ultimate Goal:         35 lbs. away 

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great job on the loss. 1.6 is a good loss Id be happy too. Keep it up and you will meet them goals in no time.

Kacie B. said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Kim!

Dawn said...

Wow Kacie, you've come a long way baby!!! GREAT WORK!!! I'm still trying!! See ya soon!!