Thursday, September 15, 2011

Need to Shop

Last night, I went to bed hungry. I was craving a cheeseburger or tacos (thanks to a late night Taco Bell commercial). It's the first time I've felt hungry in awhile. Then again, I haven't been hungry because I haven't been watching what I eat.  However, even when I eat healthy, I don't go hungry. I could have a piece of fruit if I had no points left or a light snack if I had the points. As we got ready for bed, I looked at Dan with big puppy dog eyes hoping he would give in and come along for a late night snack of greasy food. Thankfully, he didn't. 

I had used all my daily points and was still hungry. This tells me that I'm not eating the right foods, but I knew that. Sure, you can eat a serving of Pizza Rolls (6) for 5 WW Points+ for lunch, but it's not nearly as nutritious or filling as a veggie burger loaded with veggies and some baked chips on the side. I miss fruit and veggie snacks! I miss my Babybel cheese! I haven't been snacking these last few days because I don't have healthy snacks to munch on. I DO have bags of peanut and peanut butter M & Ms on my kitchen counter that wink at me when I walk by. 

I'm going to the grocery store tonight because following the WW Points Plus system can be difficult without having the right foods in the house. Here are some of the items I'm going to pick up to keep in my "dieting tool box:"
  • Apples
  • Special K Chips
  • Egg Beaters
  • Non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Hummus
  • Babybel cheese wheels
  • Baby carrots
  • Boca Burgers
  • Lorna Doone 100 Calorie Packs OR WhoNu cookies

No comments: