Friday, September 16, 2011

Cauliflower, it's what's for breakfast!


The other day, Dan and I made Gina's cauliflower fritters as a side dish to a mushroom risotto. I was trying to maintain a "vegetarian" dinner, but in hind site, it wasn't the best combination. However, we really enjoyed these cauliflower fritters. They taste a lot like a potato pancake, but they're made of cauliflower and are only 3 WW Points+ for two fritters! We topped them with ketchup and ate them like hash browns. 

The past few days, I've eaten the leftover fritters for breakfast as hash browns topped with egg beaters, some shredded cheese, and either ham or salsa. It's hard to believe that these fritters are so low in points because I feel so guilty eating them. Plus, it's a great way to get a vegetable in for breakfast!

If you're craving hash browns or potato pancakes, I high recommend trying Gina's cauliflower fritters. You can find the recipe here. I would suggest using frozen cauliflower that you cook until barely warm, rather than  fresh, to save time. 

Happy eating, everyone!

No comments: