Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in


As it turns out, last week was a mess. I couldn't workout post-op (something about blood pressure increasing bleeding? Gross.). I couldn't cook, so I had to depend on Dan to feed me (read: canned soup or takeout). I finally had to drag myself out of the house on Friday to go to court so of course I treated myself to lunch (French onion soup, barbecue chicken pizza, and a beer) since I finally got to eat my first meal of the day at 4:30 pm. On Saturday, I ate a burrito for breakfast, helped a friend move, got overly hungry, ate a slice of tomato pie as a "snack," then an egg roll and a Cuban sandwich (bad idea for the mouth). I remember sadly thinking to myself, "Have I eaten a fruit or vegetable all day?" Oh yes, and there were Oreos, but they were reduced fat-- because that totally makes it better. By Sunday, my body had grown accustomed to my terrible eating habits once again, and I convinced Dan that I NEEDED that Spicy McChicken sandwich I had been craving-- of course we had to share a small fry. There was Christmas decoration shopping and fried macaroni and cheese balls from the Cheesecake Factory (surprisingly, two of those filled me so much I had to resist the cake I contemplated from the start).  Finally, I topped it all off with a cheap, dry pecan roll topped with cinnamon ice cream. Don't judge me.


Just before I stepped on the scale this morning, I was not-so- surprised by a "visitor." It helps explain the cravings... and the mood swings... and the weight gain. I guess next week we will find out just how much I can blame on PMS. Until then, suffice it to know that I whined myself out of cooking the healthy dinner I planned for tonight and into getting Chinese food instead. I didn't even opt for the boring steamed selection or brown rice. Fortunately, I was still able to stay within my daily points allowance.  

This Week's Weight Loss:       - 0.4 lbs
New Weight Left to Lose:    14 lbs
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS:     74 lbs

No comments: