Monday, January 31, 2011

Confession: I Make Excuses

I think a big part of successful weightloss is making yourself accountable for your actions. It helps to have someone, beyond yourself, to hold you accountable because we let ourselves off too easily.

Lately, I've been really busy. I just started my final semester of law school. When I'm not in class, I'm representing criminal defendants in the clinic, volunteering on a legislative committee at the NH Attorney General's Office, and working in the school law library. With as busy as I have been, I've been striving to find balance in my schedule so I can find time to workout. Well, I have made nothing but excuses for myself. Sure, I'm busy, but if I can find time to watch television for two hours at night, I can take the time to do yoga or hit the gym. I just need to rearrange my schedule and get off my butt.

Tomorrow, I have a gym date at 7:30 am with a classmate. Hopefully, this will jumpstart my gym routine and get me back into the swing of things. I miss the gym. I felt less stressed and had more energy when I went to the gym every morning. No more excuses; I'm going tomorrow!

No comments: