Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Battling Holiday Weight Gain


This time of year, I always manage to put on a few pounds. What can I say? It's hard to resist the bowls of candy, fresh baked cookies, tables of finger foods, cheese plates with dried meats, and endless desserts. After Thanksgiving and eating all the Halloween candy we had from getting ZERO trick-or-treaters this year, I gained 6 POUNDS! I'm tired of the scale moving in the wrong direction... so on Saturday, I joined a gym and started logging my points (including activity) and nutrition (dairy, veggies, water, etc.). As of Tuesday, I have already lost two of those holiday pounds. 

I signed up for this gym for its group classes. I have started going to a group class every day. So far, I've done: 

  • Dance
  • Yoga
  • Kickboxing
  • Combo:  step, weights, abs, balance
I'm trying to get Dan to try a cycling class, but I'm far too scared to even step foot into the cycling room. I'd rather stick to dancing, thanks.


Stay tuned for more entries from me, considering I'm back on the wagon again. Unfortunately, working out every day means I'm losing free time. I'll be back to let you know how it's going and provide tips on battling those holiday pounds. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Dan B. said...

Who needs cycling when you've already made me go to the kickboxing and combo class. Combo class....heh...of which I was the only guy...

John said...

Oh boy, kick boxer dan...

Karen Baguios said...

Great article!
Search Engine Optimization Company Philippines